OutSystems Senior Engineer
Accelerated Focus (AF) is looking for a hard working, customer focused, and experienced OutSystems Engineer. As a member of AF, you will be responsible for the architecture, design, development, and support of OutSystems applications delivered to our customers. Additional duties include coaching / supporting others, gathering requirements, and providing our customers with a fantastic experience. Customer satisfaction is a must and is a natural trait for you! You can work out of your home office, from anywhere in North America.
Responsibilities may include:
• Design, build & maintain OutSystems applications for our customers and internal applications.
• Contribute to the development, documentation, and maintenance of Accelerated Focus standards and practices. We all have the responsibility to continue to make Accelerated Focus a better partner to our customers and OutSystems.
• Accurately scope the design and architectural requirements and deliver the design, architecture, development, testing, and transition for a product within that scope.
• Develop a sound architecture solution for applications ensuring they meet OutSystems and Accelerated Focus best practices.
• Mentor other developers to understand what and why, when it comes to concepts, best practices, patterns, architecture, client engagement, coding standards, and quality.
• Stay up on the latest technologies, ideas, tools, ways of working, and industry trends, and look for opportunities to incorporate them into Accelerated Focus and our customers.
• Gather user requirements, future state application requirements, integrations, and make recommendations.
• Always strive for excellence and if you see an opportunity for improvement you must say something.
• Provide sales and in-house application development support.
• Always available and happy to help others in need of support at a moment notice.
• Excited to take on other duties as assigned.
• Prioritize simple solutions, no matter how fun that complex solution might be.
• Humble - you lead by your actions and let others do the bragging for you!
• A get it done attitude who does what it takes to get the job finished.
• A team player who is fun to work with and you do not take yourself too seriously.
• Emotional intelligence is critical, it means you will be a great teammate and build fantastic relationships with our customers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a 2-year diploma with relevant industry experience. Educational requirement is not necessary if your superstar skills can be demonstrated.
• Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated software application delivery, architecture, and development experience.
• Minimum of 4 or 5 years of demonstrated development and architecture experience in the OutSystems Platform.
• Demonstrated understanding of OutSystems best practices.
• OutSystems certifications are a bonus.
• Skills in the following: RESTful services, .Net, C#, HTML, CSS, jQuery and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Basic understanding of UX/UI guidelines.
• General understanding or a strong desire to learn DevOps.
• A history of substantial contributions to the teams you worked on.
• Strong knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies and tools.
• Demonstrated experience coaching and empowering other developer resources.
• You excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with competing priorities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. You will work directly with business stakeholders at all levels, bringing the appropriate level of professionalism to each interaction.
• Self-motivated, results oriented, passionate, and determined to achieve goals.
• Thirst for knowledge and inquisitive tendencies – You always ask “why?” and you constantly look for better and new ways of doing things.
• Confident, with an ability to help customers and potential customers understand the value of OutSystems and Accelerated Focus.
Due to customer requirements, you must be able to pass criminal record check and expect to provide evidence of your educational background. Only applicants who currently reside in North America will be considered.
How to Apply