OutSystems Tech Lead/ Solution Architect
Accelerated Focus (AF) is looking for a hard working, customer focused, and experienced OutSystems Engineer. As a member of AF, you will be responsible for the architecture, design, development, and support of OutSystems applications delivered to our customers. Additional duties include coaching / supporting others, gathering requirements, and providing our customers with a fantastic experience. Customer satisfaction is a must and is a natural trait for you! Working with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels means emotional intelligence and communication skills are key. You never stop challenging ideas, finding new ways of doing things, and seeking the simple solution – no matter how fun that complex one might be!
Do you keep things humble, and leave your ego at the door? Have a get it done attitude? Embrace the team player mentality? Then we think you’ll excel in this role - and fit right in with the rest of the Accelerated Focus team.
Below are some of things you’ll likely do at Accelerated Focus:
• Design, build & maintain OutSystems applications for our customers and internal applications.
• Contribute to the development, documentation, and maintenance of Accelerated Focus standards and practices. We all have the responsibility to continue to make Accelerated Focus a better partner to our customers and OutSystems.
• Accurately scope the design and architectural requirements and deliver the design, architecture, development, testing, and transition for a product within that scope.
• Develop a sound architecture solution for applications ensuring they meet OutSystems and Accelerated Focus best practices.
• Mentor other developers to understand what and why, when it comes to concepts, best practices, patterns, architecture, client engagement, coding standards, and quality.
• Stay up on the latest technologies, ideas, tools, ways of working, and industry trends, and look for opportunities to incorporate them into Accelerated Focus and our customers.
• Gather user requirements, future state application requirements, integrations, and make recommendations.
• Always strive for excellence and if you see an opportunity for improvement you must say something.
• Provide sales and in-house application development support.
• Always available and happy to help others in need of support at a moment notice.
• Excited to take on other duties as assigned.
Here are some of the things we’re looking for, however firm requirements may be overlooked for talented individuals who can clearly demonstrate comparable skill levels:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, or a 2-year diploma with relevant industry experience.
• Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated software application delivery, architecture, and development experience.
• Minimum of 4 or 5 years of demonstrated development and architecture experience in the OutSystems Platform.
• Demonstrated understanding of OutSystems best practices.
• OutSystems certifications are a bonus.
• Skills in the following: RESTful services, .Net, C#, HTML, CSS, jQuery and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Basic understanding of UX/UI guidelines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; you’ll be working directly with business stakeholders at all levels, so communication and professionalism are key.
Bonus points if you have any of the following:
• Self-motivated, results oriented, passionate, and determined to achieve goals.
• Thirst for knowledge and inquisitive tendencies – You always ask “why?” and you constantly look for better and new ways of doing things.
• Demonstrated experience with tools such as Jira or DevOps Boards.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a technical leadership role, leading and motivating both teams and customers.
• OutSystems Professional or Expert Certification
• OutSystems MVP
ABOUT THIS POSITION
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Submit your application
Due to customer requirements, you must be able to pass criminal record check and expect to provide evidence of your educational background. Only applicants who currently reside in North America will be considered.
Send your resume and any other relevant information to: