Technical Engagement Manager
Accelerated Focus (AF) is looking for a well-rounded OutSystems Technical Engagement Manager. As a member of AF, you will lead low-code product teams to improve value delivered to our customers. This role will require an experienced individual with solid technical knowledge who possesses a natural ability of maintaining fantastic relationships. This role is additionally responsible for escalating critical issues and mentoring the team. You can work out of your home office, from anywhere in North America.
Responsibilities may include:
• Act as a primary liaison between the client stakeholders and our low-code development teams.
• Work with our customers to develop the product vision and roadmaps.
• Translate business requirements to user stories.
• Create and manage product backlogs – Know when to say “no”.
• Assist and possibly lead application design and development activities on the OutSystems platform.
• Create POCs and conduct product demonstrations in-person or remotely.
• Prioritize features/tasks based primarily on business value and customer feedback.
• Lead and participate in agile ceremonies, as necessary.
• Understand and anticipate the end user's needs and pains through journey mapping.
• Maintain extensive knowledge of our client’s business and product lines.
• Understand client’s short and long-term technology goals to help drive successful adoption.
• A Tech Lead would also be a good fit for this role.
• Prioritize simple solutions, no matter how fun that complex solution might be.
• Humble - you lead by your actions and let others do the bragging for you!
• A get it done attitude who does what it takes to get the job finished.
• A team player who is fun to work with and you do not take yourself too seriously.
• Emotional intelligence is critical, it means you will be a great teammate and build fantastic relationships with our customers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a 2-year diploma with relevant industry experience.
• Educational requirement is not necessary if your superstar skills can be demonstrated.
• Minimum of 5 years of related software application delivery experience as a technical resource.
• Experience as a developer who also met with the business to gather/negotiate requirements.
• Demonstrated experience with the OutSystems platform will get significant bonus points.
• General understanding of RESTful services, C#, HTML, CSS, jQuery and Microsoft SQL Server.
• A history of substantial contributions to the teams you worked on.
• Strong knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies and tools.
• Minimum 2+ years of experience in a technical leadership role, demonstrated by a proven ability to lead and motivate the team and our customers.
• You excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with competing priorities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. You will work directly with business stakeholders at all levels, bringing the appropriate level of professionalism to each interaction.
• Self-motivated, results oriented, passionate, and determined to achieve goals.
• Thirst for knowledge and inquisitive tendencies – You always ask “why?” and you constantly look for better and new ways of doing things.
• Experienced as a software developer with knowledge of software design and web technologies.
• CSPO certification or equivalent Product Ownership or Scrum Master training is a nice to have.
• Confident, with an ability to help customers and potential customers understand the value of OutSystems and Accelerated Focus.
Due to customer requirements, you must be able to pass criminal record check and expect to provide evidence of your educational background. Only applicants who currently reside in North America will be considered.
How to Apply